How to add upto 100 ZigBee nodes to JN5189 co-ordinator using control-bridge firmware.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add upto 100 ZigBee nodes to JN5189 co-ordinator using control-bridge firmware.

devaiah
Contributor II

Hi,

I am working on JN5189 SOC as a ZigBee coordinator (ControBridge), and currently, I am able to add only up to 50 Zigbee end nodes and I would want to increase the total number of end nodes to around 100. I would like to know the maximum number end node that can be supported on JN5189 and what should be the configuration to achieve the same? Currently my configurations look like below:

Active Neighbour table size = 128

Address Map Table size = 64

child table size = 48 (Unable to increase this to a value greater than 48. I tried doing it in XML directly but nothing happened!!)

Mac Table size = 160

Also, attaching my configuration file for the better understanding of my configuration. Aprreciate any help!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

First of all, I apologize for my late response.

Just to confirm, you are using the JN5189 chipset and not the evaluation kit, is this correct?

Could you please help with more detail about the behavior of the child table size value? What do you mean with Unable to increase this to a value greater than 48? 

Are the 50 end devices connected to the same coordinator (as shown in the image below) or do you have any router in your network?

EduardoZamora_0-1655159601105.png

0 Kudos

devaiah
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

Yes, we are using JN5189 chipset.

Please check the image below to understand the behavior of 'child table size' value, Basically, when I try to enter a value greater than 48. it truncates it. For example in the image below when I try to enter the value it takes only 0x5!!

ZPS_config_error.png

Regarding the topology. Not all the devices are connected directly to the co-ordinator, there are few routers in the network and some end-devices are getting routed through these routers.

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please confirm which version of MCUXpresso IDE are you using?

Also, it would be very helpful if you attach a diagram representing the topology of your network.

Just to be sure, could you please help us by reinstalling the Zigbee Configuration Editor Plug-in?

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos