How can we code to emit continuous wave @2440 from QN9080 as a stand alone device?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we code to emit continuous wave @2440 from QN9080 as a stand alone device?

daisuke
Contributor II

We would like to design the antenna for our Bluetooth connected device and we would like to code the QN9080 to emit continuous wave(CW). We know there are Test Command using host computer via UART with HCI command, but we really would like to emit CW as stand alone device, which means there are no hosts, no cables to QN9080. 
When QN9080 is powered on, we just make it emit CW and measure the RF power. 

I checked the SDK and there are some vendor specific command. In the document "QN90xx TEST Command of the Host Controller Interface", there are LE_QN_CFG_TEST_CMD and I think this should be one I try to use. How can we call this command via SDK? Hci_VendorSpecificDebug function in hci_interface.h ?? How can we use them? 

If you could provide any comments/suggestion, it would be much appreciated. 

Thanks, 
Daisuke

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Could you please check the implementation of the Hcit_RecvPacket and Hcit_SendMessage in the hcit_serial_interface.c file? 

Also, take into account that the next release of the SDK for the QN9080 will have the Generic FSK functionality that will help you through this tasks. 

I replied to you as well in the internal case. 

Best Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

daisuke
Contributor II

I tried another way for transmitting test using Gap_ControllerTest() function.  This function is not for CW testing but it's should be usable for test purposes.  I just coded like followings:

bleResult_t my_result = Gap_ControllerTest( gControllerTestCmdStartTx_c, 19, 0x20, gControllerTestTxFF_c);

but I got a "gBleFeatureNotSupported_c" error...  How can we code to test RF related things?

If I got any comments/suggestions, it would be much much appreciated.

Thanks,

Daisuke

antonioconcio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daisuke,

Which Host library are you using? Please note that, as reported in the embedded comments, this API function is available only in the full-featured host library.

Thanks,

Antonio

0 Kudos

daisuke
Contributor II

I tried to code to emit CW using Ble_HciRecv() with LE_QN_CFG_TEST_CMD, but it doesn't work.  I received "gBleInvalidParameter_c" error.  I coded like followings:

int startEmitCW(void) {

bleResult_t result = gHciStatusBase_c;
  uint8_t aData[] = { 0x01, 0xf2, 0xff, 3, 19, 0x00, 0x01 }; // CW emittion HCI <Vendor Specific> command. @2440MHz, Non-modulation
  uint8_t type = aData[0];

hciPacketType_t packetType = (hciPacketType_t) type;
  result = Ble_HciRecv (
                                  packetType,
                                  aData + 1,
                                  );

if( result == gHciSuccess_c) {
     return 0;
  } else {
     return -1;
  }

}

Is LE_QN_CFG_TEST_CMD still valid for SDK version 2.2 Beta?

0 Kudos