Forming a ZigBee network by ZigBee Test Client (ZTC)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forming a ZigBee network by ZigBee Test Client (ZTC)

Jump to solution
diaskuo
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie here, and my English is not very good. Sorry about that.

I found below descriptions on page 59, Chapter 5, ZTC Frame Format, BeeStack BlackBox ZigBee Test Client (ZTC), BSBBZTCRM.pdf.

All communication with the ZTC protocol can be accomplished using two interface

- A three wire UART connection (...)

- A three wire I2C connect (...)

Would you please tell me can ZTC support over SPI?

BeeKit shows a warning message window when I export my project enabled both Keyboard (KB) and SPI modules.

Do I need the KB for a ZigBee coordinator device?

An open system (no security) Wi-Fi connection flow between a wireless client and an access point (AP) is probe request (req)/response (rsp), authentication req/rsp and association req/rsp.

Where can I find a ZigBee connection flow between a coordinator and a end device?

I would like to know which ZTC commands do I need to send out from host to the coordinator to communicate with ZigBee end device via SPI?

Would you please give me some examples for forming a ZigBee network and toggling a light using ZigBee technology?

Thank you for taking your time to read my questions.

Best regards,

Dias

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Dias,

Yes, SPI is supported.

Which board are you using? The KeyBoard is not needed for the basic examples but it could be useful when you develop your applications. However, as you can see, these peripherals have a pin conflict. I recommend you to make a simple example works (for example the HA OnOff Demo). If you need further information about the demos please take a look into the ZigBee Applications User's Guide (ZAUGZB2007.pdf).

I think that running a demo and sniffing the packets over the air will answers a lot of questions for you.

If you have any other doubt please don't hesitate in contact me.

Best regards,

Earl.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Dias,

Yes, SPI is supported.

Which board are you using? The KeyBoard is not needed for the basic examples but it could be useful when you develop your applications. However, as you can see, these peripherals have a pin conflict. I recommend you to make a simple example works (for example the HA OnOff Demo). If you need further information about the demos please take a look into the ZigBee Applications User's Guide (ZAUGZB2007.pdf).

I think that running a demo and sniffing the packets over the air will answers a lot of questions for you.

If you have any other doubt please don't hesitate in contact me.

Best regards,

Earl.

diaskuo
Contributor II

Hi Earl,

I have both a TWR-KW24D512 (MKW24D512 Microcontroller Tow) and a MKW24D512VHA5 (ZC) connected to a host processor via SPI (maybe change SPI to UART).

My goal is to communicate with ZED by the ZC on the host using ZTC.

I got a example below to toggle a Philips Hue light on i.MX6 host via UART, and I know that sending correct ZTC commands to a ZC (ZigBee KW20) can communicate with a ZED (light).

Does NXP provide any example codes to communicate with ZED by ZC connected to the host using ZTC?

May I have a easy way to call some functions to do it?

For example, called connect() and action() function, then the functions can generate corresponding ZTC commands to communicate with ZED by ZC via SPI or UART.

In addition, I cannot find opcode group 0xA3 and opcode 0x52 in BeeStack BlackBox ZigBee Test Client (ZTC) Reference Manual (Rev. 1.6, 07/2014, BSBBZTCRM.pdf).

[Example to toggle the light]

echo ‐en '\x02\xA3\x52\x03\xC0\x01\x10\x23' > /dev/ttyACM0

echo ‐en '\x02\xA3\x52\x03\x80\x01\x08\x7B' > /dev/ttyACM0

echo ‐en '\x02\x70\x50\x10\x02\xFF\xFF\x00\x00\xD0\x00\x00\x00\x0B\x06\x00\x08\x00\x05\x02\xE0' > /dev/ttyACM0

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Dias

0 Kudos
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Already answered in Re: Sample codes to communicate with ZED by ZC​.

Earl.

0 Kudos
diaskuo
Contributor II

Hi Earl,

Would you please help to reply my question below?

Treat MKW24D512VHA5 as a SPI master

Best regards,

Dias

0 Kudos