Failed to set Transmit Power on Advertisement and Connection channel in QN908x board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to set Transmit Power on Advertisement and Connection channel in QN908x board

dhvanil_patel1
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

I want to set the transmit power kevel of BLE on QN9080 board and I used the Gap_SetTxPowerLevel (); API to set the transmit power for Advertisement channel and Connection channel.

When I am setting up the transmit power using this API, I received the gHciUnknownHciCommand_c error in gTxPowerLevelSetComplete_c event in generic callback BleApp_GenericCallback() function 

I used following API call to set the power.

Gap_SetTxPowerLevel(10,  gTxPowerAdvChannel_c);

Gap_SetTxPowerLevel(10,  gTxPowerConnChannel_c);

I also tried to power level value from 0 to 20 but there is no change the transmit power and hence no change in RSSI value in RX side.

Can you please help us to set the transmit power on QN9080 board ?

-

Dhvanil

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dhavnil,

The transmit power is controlled by the ANA_CTRL0[PA_POWER] field in the QN9080.

The API to accesss this register is RF_SetTxPowerLevel(). It can be set between 0x00 (minimum -  -30dBm) and 0xFF (maximum - +2dBm). 

By default this field is not touched, so it is set to 0x7F which corresponds to 0dBm. 

-Anthony 

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Do you need it to be on the fly? Could you please try modifying the defaults since the configuration? Which example are you using and which board are you referring to?  

When are you getting the error you mention? Are you using HCI commands? Could you please try Controller_SetTxPowerLevel?

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

dhvanil_patel1
Senior Contributor I

Hi Estephania,

Thank you  for the response.

I am using Wireless uart example and also checked with other example.

Yes, I want to change it on the fly. I also checked for the default configuration of tx power value but I am not able to find in the configuration and code.

I tried to use the  Controller_SetTxPowerLevel() function but found that this API is disable for the CPU_QN908X in the controller_interface.h file. So this API will not work.

Can you please share me the location where the default configuration of tx power available.

Thanks in Advance.

Dhvanil Patel

0 Kudos