Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KW38 board couldn't get debugged

Jump to solution
aroplane
Contributor III

Hi there,

I am using FRDM-KW38 board and MCUXpresso IDE v11.2.0 as the toolchain. After I imported an example from the SDK_2.x_FRDM_KW38 and built I couldn't get it debugged. When I click the blue debug icon it shows an exception with "unable to connect wire for probe index 1" as shown in the attached file.

Could you please tell me what I should do to resolved it? I look forward to your quick reply.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Lei Peng

Best regards,
Lei Peng
0 Kudos
1 Solution
aroplane
Contributor III

It works. Please close this issue. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Lei Peng

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Alexandru-Manea
Contributor III

Hi,

How do I get rid of JLink CDC UART Port name  ?

Before installing the zip on the driver I had diferent name(USB Serial port) and the flashing method was different.

How do I get back that flashing method ?

0 Kudos
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

When you connect the board to PC, open the device manager. Do you see something like this?

111.PNG

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
aroplane
Contributor III

Yes, I can see it as below.

aroplane_0-1600822925904.png

Best regards,
Lei Peng
0 Kudos
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Hold reset button without release, you will see a disk like 'DAPLINKBOOT'. Unzip the attachment. D rag the file into it. Open the device manager. You will see 'Jlink CDC'. Then try to download the program.

55.PNG

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
aroplane
Contributor III

I pressed the reset button not releasing but didn't find anything like disk like 'DAPLINKBOOT' except the red led lit up. Is there any other settings on the board for getting into the boot mode?

Best regards,
Lei Peng
0 Kudos
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Press the reset button. Then power on. Wait a moment. Release the button.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
aroplane
Contributor III

This worked. I dragged in the file 53_OpenSDA_FRDM-KW38.bin. But when I clicked the debug icon. MCUXpresso couldn't find the LinkServer with the board plugged in PC usb port, even after power cycling. The message is show as below.

aroplane_0-1600839051472.png

Best regards,
Lei Peng
0 Kudos
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Press key 'shift' and click the 'debug'.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
aroplane
Contributor III

The LinkServer works. Thank you.

Right now I am verifying the demo code in the SDK_2.6.7_FRDM-KW38 for BLE beacon. I imported the demo code from D:\SDK_2.6.7_FRDM-KW38\boards\frdmkw38\wireless_examples\bluetooth\beacon\bm to MCUXpresso IDE then built and being debugged. When I click "Resume" button on the IDE I couldn't see the RGB LED cycling with colors as the prebuilt demo shows.

Why is that? If this demo in SDK is not the same as the originally prebuilt demo on the board, how and where can I get the source code and the binary for the original demo - BLE beacon?

Best regards,
Lei Peng
0 Kudos
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Some beacon example in board is using low power when power up. So the led won't blinky. You can modify the app_preinclude.h. there is a definition -- 'cPWR_UsePowerDownMode'. Change its value to 0. If you have more questions, please create a new ticket. This case will be closed.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
aroplane
Contributor III

It works. Please close this issue. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Lei Peng
0 Kudos