Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KW38 BLE enable normal peripheral advertising

Jump to solution
Adam_Ho
Contributor II

Hi All, 

I am using "FRDM-KW38" in project "adv_ext_peripheral_freertos", 

I need to use normal advertising but not extension advertising when KW38 directly after finish init .

but I have a tricky issue, KW38 only advertising maybe 4 seconds and it will disable advertising by itself.

Is there any config I miss?

I enable advertising like below:

Adam_Ho_0-1662435913793.png

Adam_Ho_1-1662436085722.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Adam,

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please help us with more details about your application? Is your application intended to use only "normal" advertising? If so, please take a look at the Heart Rate Sensor (hrs) or Temperature Sensor (temp_sens) example projects inside the SDK, these examples could be used as a base to develop your application, they are highly configurable, allowing the user to set some relevant parameters and change the information being transmitted

Also, please consult the Bluetooth Low Energy Application Developer's Guide. You can find this file inside KW38 docs folder > wireless > Bluetooth.
KW38 documentation can be found in the MCUXpresso SDK Builder when downloading the corresponding SDK:

EduardoZamora_0-1662483897039.png

Regards,
Eduardo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Adam,

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please help us with more details about your application? Is your application intended to use only "normal" advertising? If so, please take a look at the Heart Rate Sensor (hrs) or Temperature Sensor (temp_sens) example projects inside the SDK, these examples could be used as a base to develop your application, they are highly configurable, allowing the user to set some relevant parameters and change the information being transmitted

Also, please consult the Bluetooth Low Energy Application Developer's Guide. You can find this file inside KW38 docs folder > wireless > Bluetooth.
KW38 documentation can be found in the MCUXpresso SDK Builder when downloading the corresponding SDK:

EduardoZamora_0-1662483897039.png

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos
Adam_Ho
Contributor II

Hi @EduardoZamora , 

Thanks for yout suggestion. 

I will taks a look HR and TMP project. 

Regards, 

Adam

Adam_Ho
Contributor II

Hi , 

I don't know why, but after I create a periodoc timer before enable adv this issue will not happen again.

Maybe it need delay? 

0 Kudos