FRDM-KW36: How do I get an interrupt for each received BLE packet?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KW36: How do I get an interrupt for each received BLE packet?

werbung9999
Contributor I

I am using a FRDM-KW36 and have modified the "hid_host bm" example for a BLE application. I need a counter for all received packets from all connected servers and must be able to associate them with each server.

I tried to use the Radio_1_IRQn interrupt for this, but I don't get as many interrupts as I would expect and can't distinguish the events.

I've also tried to get callbacks from the Bluetooth stack using the Controller_RegisterEnhancedEventCallback and Controller_ConfigureEnhancedNotification functions, but that doesn't seem to work and I'm not sure if the functions are intended for that at all.

Are there other ways to implement the counter that I overlooked?

Is there any form of documentation of the Blootooth stack that comes with the MCUXpresso SDK? I'm only guessing by the function names at the moment and that's very frustrating.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Xiang_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paul,

It is unclear what do you mean by "each BLE packet". Do you mean by each BLE air packet transmitted from the peer device radio? Or do you mean by each BLE data packet which is received at HCI / L2CAP or higher level?

For the 1st case, I guess it would be very difficult, because we will need to get access to very low level driver codes.

For the 2nd case, I believe it is possible via some API.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please provide more details on your application ? I believe there is a confusion regarding the Bluetooth LE protocol .

In your SDK download you can find the Bluetooth Low Energy Application Developer's Guide  in the following path  <installation path> \docs\wireless\Bluetooth.  You can also check the Connectivity Framework Reference Manual in this other path  <installation path >\docs\wireless\Common. 

You can check also this videos series for a better understanding of the protocol and this can also help you as an overview of the stack.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos