cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM KW01-9032 Tx Rx communication problem

luws
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using two FRDM KW01-9032 boards to communicate by RF.  I just transplant the project "TPMS-MKW01-LF-RF-Communication-KDS3" to one FRDM-KW01-9032 board for Rx, and write Tx code on another board based on the Reference Manual and the Rx code.  I use 434MHz, other parameters as default.  Now I can transmit out, as TxReady and TxSent status are right,  and for the rx board, CRC is OK, PayloadReady is OK, but the buffer data are all 0.

I think about two problems:

1. The FRDM-KW01-9032 is for 900MHz, not for 434MHz ?

2. The parameters by default may not match for tx and rx end ?

the code is as attached.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

johnsonberry56
Contributor I

I also use FRDM-KW019032 which evaluate boards which are designed to work either in standalone mode or as part of the Freedom development platforms for quick application prototyping. If you are looking for exceptional  Canon Printer Support, you can get in touch with our experts. They are going to resolve all your Canon printer issues without taking much of your time.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The Kinetis MKW01Z128 operates over a wide frequency range including 315 MHz, 433 MHz, 470 MHz, 868 MHz, 915 MHz, 928 MHz, and 955 MHz in the license-free Industrial, Scientific, and Medical (ISM) frequency bands.

But, please consider that there are differences as well in the HW you are using, please check the schematics of both boards (Schematics and BOM are available under the Software and Tools tab of each board) , as well as the application notes of the TPMS example with further description of the HW used. 

Also, you can use as a guide the examples of the FRDM KW01 for more  Sub-GHz examples, available in the connectivity framework of the part.   

Regards, 

Estephania

0 Kudos

luws
Contributor II

Thank you so much, I have compared the FRDM-9032 and the MBR-9032 eval board, and found they are same for clock, reset, RF interface and the main circuit. Finally, I found my problem was the data I transmit is 0x01, 0x02, .... 0x09which cannot be displayed on PC terminal as ASCII code. Then I try 433 or 915, both OK.

0 Kudos