cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error[Li016]: size limit exceeded

salah
Contributor III

Hi

I am getting following error. Not sure if I have to purchase IAR IDE to run this demo. Is there any other free IDE I can use instead?

Thanks!

Error[Li016]: size limit exceeded. The application needs 0xd788 (55 176) bytes, which is greater than the limit of 0x8000 (32 768) bytes.

The limit is due to license "ARM.EW.LINKER" from "C:\Users\Salah\Desktop\ConnectivityTest_MKW2x_v1.3\My Solution-MAC Packet Error Rate 

Demo End Device\MAC Packet Error Rate Demo End Device\Debug\Obj\AES.o" (and 52 other modules).

1 Reply

AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Dear Salah,

The Kickstart edition of IAR limits the code size to 32Kb. If you are planning to run a MAC codebase demo, then probably you need more than that. You may try getting an evaluation license from IAR directly and get unlimited code size for a limited time so you could evaluate the software. After the evaluation period, a license may need to be purchased.

You may also export the solution to Codewarrior, but the licensing model is similar. You could get a limited code-size version for unlimited time, or get an unlimited code size for a limited time.

Regards,

AngelC