Do any of the Kinetis BLE toolbox apps work on the R41Z evaluation board, other than the beacon?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do any of the Kinetis BLE toolbox apps work on the R41Z evaluation board, other than the beacon?

adrianadamson
Contributor I

I bought the Rigado R41z evaluation board and I have gotten the beacon application to compile, run and successfully work with my iPhone, but none of the other applications connect within the Kinetis BLE Toolbox app when I try to run them.   Is this  a problem specific to the Rigado evaluation board vs. the NXP KW41Z evaluation board?  I've tried the Proximity app, the UART app, and the beacon, and only the beacon works for me.  I'm particularly interested in getting the Wireless Console/UART application to run.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

vincenthing
Contributor I

I am trying to use the Wireless Console/UART as well. I have been able to connect and send data from the IoT Toolbox, but I have been unable to receive information typed directly into the terminal despite following the users guide.

Were you successful in sending data to the toolbox?

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vicent,

Just to confirm, The communication parameters are 115200 and 8N1

What is the SDK version that you are working on?

Please see the Bluetooth® Low Energy Demo Applications User’s Guide

following the path. C:\NXP\SDK_2.2_FRDM-KW41Z\docs\wireless\Bluetooth

5.15 Wireless UART

5.15.3 Usage

Are you seeing this message after the reset?

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

vincenthing
Contributor I

I have the terminal configured as you mentioned. I'm using version 1.0.2 and do not see the "This is a demo!" text upon reset.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vicent,

Could you please try to download our last SDK version?

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

As you know, we are updating our SDK and we fixed some issues.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

adrianadamson
Contributor I

It turns out that when a non-beacon application is running on the evaluation board, you need to press one of the buttons on the board to get it to go into advertising mode so that the connection can be made.   This should really be mentioned in the  BLE Toolbox Mobile Application User's Guide (KBLETMAUG).