Disabling Default Response when sending attribute report?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Default Response when sending attribute report?

pldrouin_
Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to disable Default Reponse when sending an attribute report with eZCL_ReportAttribute, but I am unable to get it to work. I have ZCL_DISABLE_DEFAULT_RESPONSES set to TRUE in my zcl_options.h file.

I am using a thermostat_device, and I can confirm that sEndPoint.bDisableDefaultReponse is set to TRUE after registering the endpoint using eHA_RegisterThermostatEndPoint. I verified that the value of sEndPoint.bDisableDefaultReponse  does not change at a later stage. However when I send an attribute response using eZCL_ReportAttribute, sniffing the packets show that the Disable Default Response flag is set to FALSE. I also see the Default Response packet from the coordinator, which is then followed by an APS ACK from my device (although I also disabled ZPS ACKs by setting ZCL_DISABLE_APS_ACK to TRUE in my zcl_options.h file). I am working with a JN5169 chipset and the JN-SW-4170 SDK. How can I get it to work?

Thanks!

3 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pierre, 

I hope you are doing great.

What is the AN that you are working on?

Could you please provide the sniffer logs? 

Could you please print the bDisableDefaultResponse value of the endpoint that you are disabling the response?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

pldrouin_
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

My firmware is based on JN-AN-1217. I think I might have found the source of the issue. Look at zcl.c in JN-SW-4170 version 1840 (the latest) on line 1205 in the eZCL_ReportAttribute function. u16ZCL_WriteCommandHeader is called with the default responses Enabled. It is using a hardcoded TRUE value there instead of using the value of bDisableDefaultResponse from the EndPoint struct. I did try to print the value of bDisableDefaultResponse and it was 1 as desired.

Regards,

P-L

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pierre,

Please let me know if you still have issues with the bDisableDefaultResponse value.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos