cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deep sleep Mode KW41Z  

varun_sahni
Contributor I

Hi,

Where can I find examples of how to implement deep sleep for the KW41Z microcontrollers running Thread protocol?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can download the examples from the SDK that you can find in the Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder  ,the end device examples show the capabilities for low power o the device.

Regards

Estephania

0 Kudos

varun_sahni
Contributor I

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

In the pictuire you show, under the thread folder you can see

pastedImage_1.png

That is the example with low power for the end device.

Regards ,
Estephania

0 Kudos

varun_sahni
Contributor I

Hi,

I have gone through this example but it is only oriented to sleep mode.

but as I mentioned, I need Deep Sleep mode that can wake-up from external interrupt(PTA-18).

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can change the sleep mode by changing a macro , for example if you check the \middleware\wireless\nwk_ip_1.2.8\examples\common\app_framework_config.h for a configuration of the power down modes.

The demo examples are using mode 3 as set by macro define: cPWR_DeepSleepMode.

You can use as a base the buttons to wake up the device.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

varun_sahni
Contributor I

Hi,

Yes, I found there are 7 different modes i.e cPWR_EnableDeepSleepMode_X to enable the specific deep-sleep mode.

and also for each deep-sleep mode, we have a separate handler, but I have about regrading the wake-up technique.

I want to wake-up the Thread module by applying the high signal on the PTA-18 pin, so I used "PWRLib_MCU_WakeupReason.Bits.FromKeyBoard = 1". Is it sufficient to wake-up the module or is there any other technique to wake-up the module?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

By any chance are you using the development kit ? If that is the case, are you considering that the PTA18 is connected to the RGB LED on the board ? You need to set the functionality of the pin to be LLWU and confirm that the pin and port are respecting that configuration.

Regards ,
Estephania

0 Kudos