cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current consumption

motog
Contributor III

Hello,

I have designed my custom board using pn7362 nfc ic. The current consumed by circuit in standby mode is at wakeup it is approx 1.1mA and in sleep mode it is 700mA. I have aded other components such as RTC, eeprom, motor ic etc as I'm using door access file for my application.

But the current consumed by the eval board(black board) is 600mA and 300mA, with the same code. I have another test board but without other ic it consumes 500mA and 250mA with the same code.

Can you suggest any changes in the mcu setting so that I can bring the current further down to match my eval board?? As I'll be using battery which will eventually drain I want to save power as much possible.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It is recommended that you first measure the power consumption of MCU, RTC, pn7362, EEPROM and motor IC in run normally and sleep mode. Please let me know if has the information.

Have a  nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

motog
Contributor III

Current consumption are as follows :

PN7362 - suspend mode -250uA

RTC - operating current - 700uA max; Standby current 5 uA

EEPROM - standby current 20uA

Motor IC - standby 45uA

I'm using controller in standby mode only.

If you require any other information please let me know.

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thanks for your update information.

PN7362 and the components your provided have the normal current consumption. Please check your other components which has the higher current consumption.

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

motog
Contributor III

Hi @fangfang 

It has been more than two weeks since I last got reply from you. As you can see I have provided you with all the details, I was hoping you could answer my query in some possible way.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

motog
Contributor III

Hi @fangfang,

Did you find any reason which could explain high current consumption on my board??

Hope you can provide with some solutions!    

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

PN7362 has the normal current consumption. You may refer to the current consumption of MCU.  Hope it help you.

Note:

0 Kudos

motog
Contributor III

Thanks for your help @fangfang .

I might have to look into other things which might be consuming current.

If you have any other suggestions please free to share.

Thanks

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

You are welcome.  Please don't hesitate to contact us if any question.

Note:

0 Kudos

motog
Contributor III

The other remaining components are just antenna matching resistors and capacitors and diodes, which I dont think will be consuming high current.

0 Kudos