Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create and configure the project in BeeKit

Jump to solution
diaskuo
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I wish my ZigBee coordinator (ZC/MKW24D512VHA5) is a multi-function device, i.e. the ZC can communicate and access various ZigBee end devices (ZEDs) such as light, smart plug and blood pressure monitor.

How can I create and configure the project in BeeKit to meet my requirement?

Best regards,

Dias

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Dias,

Why the HA OnOffLight is the network's coordinator rather than ZED?

How to select or arrange correct ZC, ZR, ZED in the network?

Since the ZC has to be always on to route packages, a light is an ideal device to be selected as a ZC because both must be always powered.

In this case the switch is selected as a router, however, it is usually selected as a ZED which is usually an sleepy device because it is usually only powered on when it needs to send a signal to the light.

Of course you can choose the role of the devices in the ZigBee network as you desire.

What is EZ Mode commissioning?

Why we need to disable it?

EZ-Mode is a commissioning method that defines network steering and device reset on the node as well as finding and binding for endpoints with target or initiator clusters.

For a node that is not already joined to a network, EZ-Mode network steering is the action of creating a network or searching for and joining an open network. For a node that has joined a network, EZ-Mode network steering is the action of opening the network to allow new nodes to join.

EZ-Mode finding and binding is the process of automatically establishing application connections, by using the identify cluster, between matching operational clusters on two or more devices.

The TRUE and FALSE of the Figure 11 may be incorrect (TRUE -> FALSE)?

You are right, the figure should show a change from FALSE to TRUE.

Best regards,

Earl.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Dias,

Please take a look into the document in the link below which explains with detail how to do it.

How to add an endpoint and a cluster to a ZigBee device in the BeeStack

Best regards,

Earl.

0 Kudos
diaskuo
Contributor II

Hi Earl,

On the page 6, why the HA OnOffLight is the network's coordinator rather than ZED?

On the page 12, what is EZ Mode commissioning?

On the page 15, the TRUE and FALSE of the Figure 11 may be incorrect (TRUE -> FALSE)?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Dias

0 Kudos
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Dias,

Why the HA OnOffLight is the network's coordinator rather than ZED?

Since the ZC has to be always on to route packages, a light is an ideal device to be selected as a ZC because both must be always powered.

In this case the switch is selected as a router, however, it is usually selected as a ZED which is usually an sleepy device because it is usually only powered on when it needs to send a signal to the light.

Of course you can choose the role of the devices in the ZigBee network as you desire.

What is EZ Mode commissioning?

EZ-Mode is a commissioning method that defines network steering and device reset on the node as well as finding and binding for endpoints with target or initiator clusters.

For a node that is not already joined to a network, EZ-Mode network steering is the action of creating a network or searching for and joining an open network. For a node that has joined a network, EZ-Mode network steering is the action of opening the network to allow new nodes to join.

EZ-Mode finding and binding is the process of automatically establishing application connections, by using the identify cluster, between matching operational clusters on two or more devices.

The TRUE and FALSE of the Figure 11 may be incorrect (TRUE -> FALSE)?

You are right, the figure should show a change from FALSE to TRUE.

Best regards,

Earl.

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Thanks for your comments,

I just edited the document.

Earl.

0 Kudos