cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration for AW-CM358 M.2 Module with imx8mp

Jump to solution
amberworth
Contributor III

Trying to get an AW-CM 358 m.2 radio module to work with an imx8mp evk board running Linux.

What configuration changes are needed to get the radio module to come up? 

After swapping the module that comes with the evk for the AW-CM358 m.2 module, the radio is not coming up.

Just to make sure it was not our sw changes, I loaded the board with LF_v5.10.72-2.2.0_images_IMX8MPEVK.zip but the radio module is not being seen.

Thank you,

Amber

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
amberworth
Contributor III

I was finally able to get the AW-CM358MA module to work by modifying the device tree to enable SDIO and disable pcie.

For anyone else that runs into this issue.  The DTB blob that worked for me is imx8mp-evk-usdhc1-m2.dtb.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
amberworth
Contributor III

Are there changes needed to the device tree for the imx8mp in order to use the AW-CM358MA radio module?

0 Kudos
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @amberworth,

If you're using the image in the following link you shouldn't need any change to the device tree and the other extra steps would be enable the SDIO interface as it mention in the 3.5 88W8987-based AzureWave AW-CM358MA module section in the app note that I previously mention.

BR,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos
amberworth
Contributor III

I was finally able to get the AW-CM358MA module to work by modifying the device tree to enable SDIO and disable pcie.

For anyone else that runs into this issue.  The DTB blob that worked for me is imx8mp-evk-usdhc1-m2.dtb.

0 Kudos
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @amberworth,

I will suggest to check the following two applications notes:

• UM11483
  • UM11490

These two application notes describe how to set the driver and enable the module and its different features.

BR,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos