Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in CoAP library for KW41Z?

Jump to solution
bernhardpetschi
Contributor I

Hello,

I am currently implementing the CoAP block options for our application, when I noticed that CoAP option parameters are not correctly handled by the library provided by NXP.

According to RFC7252 section 3.1 a CoAP option can have an extended option delta if the option name does not fit in the 4 bits of the header.

The problem I have is that the extended option delta is not correctly handled by the library:

When parsing the rx options of the coapSession_t struct in the coap handler, the extended option field is used as the option value and the actual value is parsed as additional options.

By the way, the length of the coap value can also be split into an extended length field, but this is correctly handled by the library.

Library versions:

Connectivity Framework v5.3.3

NXP Thread v1.1.1.15

IEEE 802.15.4 MAC v5.3.3

Regards,

Bernhard Petschina

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Currently the Thread stack has a limited CoAP implementation, not all the specification functionality has been added as right now it is developed to work for the need of the applications.

the Thread stack has a limited CoAP functionality, not all the specification functionality has been added as right now it is developed to work for the need of the applications.

Nonetheless, there are plans to continue adding more parts of the specification in further releases.

Best regards, 

Estephania 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Currently the Thread stack has a limited CoAP implementation, not all the specification functionality has been added as right now it is developed to work for the need of the applications.

the Thread stack has a limited CoAP functionality, not all the specification functionality has been added as right now it is developed to work for the need of the applications.

Nonetheless, there are plans to continue adding more parts of the specification in further releases.

Best regards, 

Estephania 

bernhardpetschi
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer!

Do you have an ETA for the next version of the library?

Do you have an errata sheet for the libraries, or a public bug/feature tracker?

Until this is added to the CoAP library we will work around the bug by inserting a dummy option such that the extended field is not needed.

Regards,

Bernhard Petschina

0 Kudos