cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth earbuds

UserUser123
Contributor II

Hello,

I have a question about Bluetooth in NFMI earbuds. I understand they communicate with each other through NFMI, but the master earbud still uses Bluetooth to connect with your cellphone. I am trying to understand how this Bluetooth "piconet" connection works.

1. Does that mean your master earbud constantly transmits a Bluetooth signal back to the cellphone to stay connected with it, or it happens only during the first few seconds of establishing the connection (and after that it only receives the Bluetooth signal but does not send one out)?

2. If the earbud does constantly transmit a Bluetooth signal back to the phone, does it only do it when you are listening to music or the entire time your earbud is on and connected whether or not it is currently in use? 

No one seems to have a clear answer. Can a Bluetooth expert clarify this for me in laymen’s terms? Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
6 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

There is not a lot of information that can be disclosed, still, you can check the following videos to understand a little more on the usage of the NFMI technology 

What is NXP's NFMI MiGLO?

NxH2280 MiGLO NFMI Radio demonstration

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

UserUser123
Contributor II

Unfortunately, I still didn't find the answer to my question in those videos. My question was about Bluetooth, not NFMI. And if I try to submit a support ticket, it asks me all kinds of questions about "project" etc. as if I were a manufacturer, which I am not. I just have a simple consumer question

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Regarding the Bluetooth you can see in the video What is NXP's NFMI MiGLO?   a brief explanation from second 0:38 and on . The audio is transmitter to one of the devices.

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

UserUser123
Contributor II

Thank you! I will check it out

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you but as the information of this product it's under NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) the information it's not public, this is not a secure channel to share any information of this device.

Could you please contact one of our distributors available in the Distributor Network|NXP to help you with your request?

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

UserUser123
Contributor II

Hello, Estephania! Thank you for your reply.
Hm, I didn't expect this to be non-public information. My question is basically: will the earbud constantly emit Bluetooth signals near my head or not. That's all I wanted to know.

0 Kudos