cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beacon Programming

vidyamk
Contributor I

Hi all,

I am trying to program USB-KW38 / FRDM-KW38 using MCU Expresso IDE for my Beacon Project. I would be helpful if someone could direct me to obtain the sample codes for the following in reference to USB-KW38 / FRDM-KW38:

• Creating a beacon.
  • Reading the beacon values such as UUID, RSSI, etc.

I could find a beacon example inside SDK examples for FRDM-KW38, but couldn't find any for the others.

Please do share any pointers for the following too:

• Can the USB-KW38 / FRDM-KW38 boards be programmed via python?
  • Beacon advertise/read examples for the RDDRONE-8MMNavQ module.

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
1 Reply

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vidya, I hope you're doing well!

The FRDM-KW38 SDK examples which could be useful for implementing a Beacon or a Scanner:

• First, the Beacon example that you already found is highly configurable, allowing the user to set the PHY to be used and to change the information being transmitted. If need any pointers on how to change these, please let me know.

• About the beacon scanner, the Temperature Collector (temp_coll) SDK example can be modified to work as a beacon scanner by following this document (it was designed for the KW41, but it can be adapted to the KW38):

Regarding programming the devices using Python, it is possible to use the Host-SDK included in the KW38's SDK to program the device using Linux with FSCI commands. More information about this can be found in the following path:

<…\SDK_2.6.6_FRDM-KW38\tools\wireless\host_sdk\hsdk\doc>

And in the Connectivity Framework Reference Manual, chapter 3.11, included in the SDK's Documentation Package:

<…\SDK_2.6.6_FRDM-KW38_doc\docs\wireless\Common\Connectivity Framework Reference Manual.pdf>

And last but not least, all of the currently available example codes for the RDDRONE-8MMNavQ can be found on our Gitbook page.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian