Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE v5 - Maximum data payload for Advertisements

Jump to solution
ayturk_duzen_ex
Contributor II

Hi,

I have FRDM-KW36 board and using SDK_SDK_2.2_FRDM-KW36 (latest SDK to my knowledge).

By using the BLE, I would like to exchange data with advertisements (non-connectable). With the advertisement itself (31bytes) and with scan request/scan response (31bytes), I can achieve maximum of 62 bytes. What I am looking for is to increase the advertisement payload as specified in the BLE Core v5.0 specification. The payload for the advertisement OR the secondary advertising channels should be maximum 255 bytes but I could not find any information in the documentation of the SDK.

My question is: Is the latest SDK has implemented the BLE 5 new features regarding the advertisement max data payload? 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Labels (4)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

In the Bluetooth 5 specifications, there are some features that are mandatories and some of them are optional, in this case, the LE advertising extensions enter in the optional ones, currently, we do not have any device supporting this feature. 

Sorry for the inconveniences this might cause you. 

Regards, 

Estephania 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

In the Bluetooth 5 specifications, there are some features that are mandatories and some of them are optional, in this case, the LE advertising extensions enter in the optional ones, currently, we do not have any device supporting this feature. 

Sorry for the inconveniences this might cause you. 

Regards, 

Estephania