BLE stack optimization for KW36 micro

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE stack optimization for KW36 micro

nsuresh2
Contributor III

Is there any possibility of providing lightweight BLE stack for memory optimization in KW36 micro?

Regards,

Naven Suresh

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Naven, I hope you're doing well!

The minimum FLASH and RAM requirements for each of the Bluetooth Low Energy examples are provided in chapter 8 of the KW36's Bluetooth Low Energy Release Notes, included with the SDK for the KW36, in the following path <\SDK_2.2.0_FRDM-KW36\docs\wireless\Bluetooth>.

This section contains information depending on IDE toolchain for the BLE examples. For example, the heart rate example for MCU has the following requirements for both FLASH and RAM to run:

pastedImage_1.png

Note: These calculations exclude application code, as that may change depending on development. The red square represents the minimum bytes required to run. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

nsuresh2
Contributor III

Hi nxf53124,

From your above comment, I infer that the minimum requirements for wireless UART are as shown below, but I have memory constraint in my project.

Currently I am loading this "lib_ble_5-0_host_cm0p.a" but I use KW36 as slave(GAP Peripheral) only, I know that I can load only this "lib_ble_5-0_host_peripheral_cm0p.a" for my requirement, but I am still loading this "lib_ble_5-0_host_cm0p.a" because of two reasons:

1. I need to use some of the central APIs in peripheral mode(KW36), For example I need to use very few Central API's like "GattClient_WriteCharacteristicValue" and also few according to my requirement.

2. Even though I load "lib_ble_5-0_host_peripheral_cm0p.a" instead of "lib_ble_5-0_host_cm0p.a" I could not see much difference in memory especially.

From the application perspective, I can reduce my code but is there any feasibility that NXP can give us the optimized/customized host lib based on my requirements?

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Naven Suresh.

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Naven,

Unfortunately, the optimizations you mention are the ones that we have available.

I'm sorry for any inconveniences this may cause you.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos