BLE mesh

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE mesh

yuandao
Contributor II

For the KW41Z connectivity_1.0.2 BLE mesh demo, I am able to send custom data through the mesh network, and receive the data in MeshGenericCallback at event gMeshCustomDataReceived_c. But I also need RSSI of the received packet, as well as the remaining TTL value.

So how can I get:

- the remaining TTL of a received packet

- the RSSI of a received packet.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

mateuszburtowy
Contributor I

Hi,

what about RSSI that Yuan asked? As far BLE MESH hasn't been supported yet I would like to base on traditional star-topology BLE and read RSSI. Of course, measuring RSSI is possible during scanning process (via GAP commands), however I couldn't find such opportunity in connection mode using GATT commands. Is there any way to get permanently received packets' RSSI? Mario, would you mind to find any solution for this issue?

Best regards

Mateusz

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mateusz,

The RSSI value could be read it, during scanning  process using gapScannedDevice_t, but You will have to check all the adv package and look the only that you want.

During a connection you can look for the RSSI value;

typedef enum gapRadioPowerLevelReadType_tag

{

gRssi_c /*!< Reading the Received Signal Strength Indication in a connection. */
} gapRadioPowerLevelReadType_t;

Best Regards,

Mario

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Yuan Dao,

As you know, this BLE Mesh custom examples(mesh commissioner and device), are not BLE Mesh Standard. We are not currently supporting BLE Mesh.

But you can take a look to the BLE Mesh User guide and BLE Mesh API Rference Manual

C:\NXP\MKW41Z_ConnSw_1.0.2\docs\wireless\Bluetooth

Best Regards,

Mario