Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About MKW01 VDDA current and VR_ANA voltage

luws
Contributor II

Hello dear, 

Two problems to be confirmed about the MKW01Z128 power design :

1. What is the power consumption of VDDA?  I refer to MKW01Z128 Datasheet MCU Section Page 8, Table 5, Note1, which says " The analog supply current is the sum of the active or disabled current for each of the analog modules on the device. See each module's specification for its supply current", while I refer to Page 23, Table 19, which says IDDA_ADC is 0.215 to 1.7 mA.  I do not use DAC or other analog module, then, the VDDA would be max 1.7mA?  

2. What are pins VR_ANA and VR_DIG output voltage and max current?  Can VR_ANA be used for supplying VREFH and VDDA, while VR_DIG be used for VDD?  If so, I can just use one single battery for VBAT1 and VBAT2, and use the internal regulator of Transceiver for MCU VDD and VDDA, without a regulator chip for MKW01 in my system. 

Thanks!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

luws
Contributor II

Supplementary for above questions:

For question 1: My system just uses ADC module, no DAC or other analog module.

For question 2: Or I can just connect battery output (2.7V-3.6V) to VDD, VDDA, VBAT1, VBAT2, while VR_ANA to VREFH? I just consider that the battery voltage varies during discharging, and VDD, VDDA, VBAT1, VBAT2 permit 1.8-3.6V, while VREFH should be fixed for ADC measurement.  

Thanks !

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wenshauai,

1.- Your system is using a run, sleep mode as well. So, for example: if you are in IDD_RUNCO_ CM you must consider the 6.1mA with the 1.7 mA of the ADC.

2.-The transceiver provides on-chip voltage regulator outputs for bypassing.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

luws
Contributor II

Dear Mario,

Thank you for replying me.  Further question,  what it means "for bypassing", can I use it as power supply or ADC reference? 

Thanks!

Best regards,

Wenshuai

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wenshuai,

Yes, you can use for the ADC reference.

Note: We do not recommend as Power Supply, we can not warranty the current of that specific pins.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos