cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About MKW01 ADC0 pins and channels

luws
Contributor II

Dear, I am working on MKW01 ADC0 function, and found a puzzle: 

We know from Reference Manual Chapter 2 that MKW01Z128 ADC0 has total 11 single end input pins, including PTE16/SE1, PTE18/SE2, PTB0/SE8, PTB1/SE9, PTB12/SE12, PTC1/SE15, PTC2/SE11, and PTE17/SE5A, PTE19/SE6A, PTD5/SE6B, PTD6/SE7B.

We also know from Reference Manual (MCU part) Chapter 24 that register ADC0_CFG2[MUXSEL] is for choosing ADxxa or ADxxb channel. 

My question is, what is the difference between xxa and xxb, and if for SE1 which has no xxa or xxb, we should choose xxa or xxb for the CFG2 register? Is there any description in Reference Manual? I did not found it.

By the way, if I use FRDM-KW01-9032 eval board for ADC0 test, I should mount a 0 Ohm resister R134 for ADC0_SE7B which is connect to J4 pin 8? 

Thanks so much!

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

There is no difference between them if you are configuring as single-ended;  if you are using more ADC's I would recommend you to use always the a's or b's to avoid the multiplexing. 

For the CFG2 register, if you are using the SE1 there is no need to choose for xx1 or xxb, you just leave it default. 

Yes, you will need to add there an 0 Ohm resistor to make it work on that pin. 

Regards, 

Estephania 

luws
Contributor II

Dear Estephania,

Thank you so much for your relply, which is very useful.

I would like to further confirm, you mean, for SE1 which not says A or B, then both are OK, and if for SE5A, we should config CFG2 as xxa, while if for SE6B, we should config CFG2 as xxb? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

• For SE1 which not says A or B, set it as default .
  • For SE5A, we should config CFG2 as xxa
  • For SE6B, we should config CFG2 as xxb

Regards 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

luws
Contributor II

Thanks, well received !

0 Kudos