APP: Watchdog halted device ! on JN5189

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APP: Watchdog halted device ! on JN5189

ode962
Contributor II

Hello NXP community, I can't run any binary on my JN5189 board. I get the error message attached below when i press either the RESET button or USER INTERFACE + RESET button. I changed to different application notes (JN-AN-1243, JN-AN-1244, JN-AN-1247) but still same problem. When i loaded this example "jn5189dk6_zigbee_coordinator_bm", i was able to form a network and join other nodes to the network, but i want to use this board as a switch node, light node or control bridge. Help needed ASAP. All suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ode962
Contributor II

I updated the bootloader after I got the watchdog error. The coordinator is a jn5189 dk006 control bridge and the faulty board was a dimmable light. Everything worked perfectly,  then I tried rejoining the dimmable light node to the coordinator but couldn’t, so I tried other codes but none worked. Kept getting same error. SDK version is 2.6.0

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel,

For any reason, the device keeps some information.

However, could you please make sure that your makefile is defining the same version that the one that you are working on?

# Toolchain paths

TOOLCHAIN_DIR_PATH = ../../../../MCUXpressoIDE_11.1.1_3241/ide/tools

I recommend some things,

could you please erase the flash? DK6Programmer.exe -s COM16 -e FLASH 640 0   

Also, if the issue still appears you could use the watchdog driver example.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel,

Just to confirm, Did you update the bootloader? JN5189/88 

What is the process that you are following? 

What is the device that you are using? Coordinator?

What is the SDK version that you are working on?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos