Tx max power on FRDM-MKW24

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our customer is evaluating RF characteristics using FRDM-MKW24.

Regarding Tx max power, they have one question.

The spec of max tx power is +8dBm and I could verify the power using TWR-KW24d512 before.

They observed tx power with tx un-modulated cnt transmission and informed that the power was about +2dBm.

That is to say, "Power 31" in Connectivity_Test means to +2dBm.

I feel that it is small...

Would you comment regarding the spec of the max tx power on FRDM-MKW24?

Regards,

Koichi

Labels (1)
Comments

Hello Koichi,

I know that this is a basic question but just to be sure, could you please confirm that your customer has the correct configuration with the capacitor that selects between the SMA connector and the F antenna?

I will be looking forward for your response.

Best regards,

Earl Ramírez.

Hello Earl,

Thank you for your prompt response.

According to your comment, I confirmed to have only capacitance to SMA connector.

Regards,

Koichi

Hello Koichi,

I consulted our hardware expert and he explained me that it is an expected behavior. Let me explain why. The TWR-KW24D512 board has a better performance because the FRDM-KW24D512 has modifications in the harmonic trap to attenuate the output power in order to be candidate to obtain a certification. If you want to have a better performance you could use the same component values that the TWR-KW24D512 at the expense of lose this certification. The next revision of this board has modifications on this to achieve a better performance.

Best regards,

Earl Ramírez.

Hello Earl,

Thank you for your response.

OK.

I will inform our customer of your comment.

Regards,

Koichi

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎01-07-2016 02:03 AM
Updated by: