cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vybrid serial over USB

jeremyesquirol
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm trying to use USB GADGET g_serial on a TWR-VF6 with TImesys linux to use the usb port as serial link.

I really don't know  what I have to do for enabling this feature, does someone tried this?

I enabled into kernel USB_GADGET_SUPPORT, and set as module the Serial Gadget (with CDC ACM and CDC OBEX support) but modprobe g_serial return :

modprobe: can't load module g_serial (kernel/drivers/usb/gadget/g_serial.ko): No such device

Gadget don't work on vybrid? A driver is missing?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello Jérémy,

You have to update your Root file system, or just copy g_serial.ko from ~/timesys/twr_vf600/yourFactoryFolder/build_armv7l-timesys-linux-gnueabi/rfs/lib/modules/3.0.15-ts-armv7l/kernel/drivers/usb/gadget to /lib/modules/3.0.15-ts-armv7l/kernel/drivers/usb/gadget on your target board.

It just works fine on my own vybrid design.

Emmanuel

jeremyesquirol
Contributor III

Hello Nouchi,

g_serial.ko was in /lib/modules/3.0.15-ts-armv7l/kernel/drivers/usb/gadget folder when i tried.

As you said that it was working on your vybrid design, i've re-tried with differents config kernel, and it seems to work, i don't know why. Maybe the OTG_SUPPORT, that is now removed, was in conflict with g_serial...

modprobe g_serial now return :

gs_bind: controller 'fsl-usb2-udc' not recognized

g_serial gadget: Gadget Serial v2.4

g_serial gadget: g_serial ready

fsl-usb2-udc: bind to driver g_serial

For information, do you know what's the meaning of : gs_bind: controller 'fsl-usb2-udc' not recognized ?

0 Kudos

Nouchi
Senior Contributor II

Hello Jérémy,

The "gs_bind: controller 'fsl-usb2-udc' not recognized" seems not to be a real problem (the same for me), as long as you get /dev/ttyGS0 device.

Emmanuel