cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vybrid and CP15SDISABLE

Jump to solution
billpringlemeir
Contributor V

How is the ARM CP15SDISABLE connected on the Vybrid devices.  This is referred to in the ARM cortex-A5 MPCore TRM version r0p1 in table 4-1 on page 4-3.  It lists the following CP15 registers as locked by this signal.

• SCTLR System Control Register
  • ACTLR Auxiliary Control Register
  • TTBR0 Translation Table Base Register
  • TTBCR Translation Table Base Control Register
  • DACR Domain Access Control Register
  • PRRR, NMRR Memory region remap
  • VBAR Vector Base Address Register
  • MVBAR Monitor Vector Base Address Register

The Vybrid bootloader/HAB could set this signal or perhaps it is available via some other module?  Or it is hard coded in the Vybrid design?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I replied to this via Outlook yesterday, no idea why it hasn't updated, anyway, confirmed with design, on Vybrid CP15SDISABLE has been tied low, so not configurable.

Ross

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I replied to this via Outlook yesterday, no idea why it hasn't updated, anyway, confirmed with design, on Vybrid CP15SDISABLE has been tied low, so not configurable.

Ross

0 Kudos
RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Bill,

Can I ask what is your interest in using CP15SDISABLE, can't say I'm familiar with all these registers, but I know the VBAR is accessible and programmable, so would suggest these registers are not locked out in Vybrid, do you have a need or desire to do this, is it a problem if not possible?

Ross

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi Bill,

I could not find anywhere in u-boot 2011.12 for Vybrid that used this signal. Some of the registers mentioned are accessed at arch/arm/cpu/armv7/start.S and arch/arm/cpu/armv7/vybrid/.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

billpringlemeir
Contributor V

Thanks, it is not a register directly accessible by the Vybrid.  CP15SDISABLE is an external signal to the Cortex-A5 core.  There is no documentation on how it is routed on the Vybrid.  Ie, it is a ARM referenced signal and only Freescale design could know how they hooked it up; or I missed something in the documentation.  I guess that if it is accessible, it would be through some register or it is just tied off as unused (Ie, these CP15 registers can always be modified).  It could be through the MSM, the SNVS, the CSU, the NIC, something else?

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Bill,

Yes, I did not see any documentation about how CP15SDISABLE was routed on the Vybrid. Freescale design would need to answer this.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

RossMcLuckie can you add your comments about it?

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport can you  attend this case?

0 Kudos