Vybrid VF6xx Cortex-A5 and Cortex-M4 wake up and sleep overhead

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vybrid VF6xx Cortex-A5 and Cortex-M4 wake up and sleep overhead

hjk
Contributor III

I want to measure the wake up and sleep time latency of both Cortex-A5 and Cortex-M4, but my power scope can only get me 10us for sleep and wake up overhead for Cortex-M4, not to mention Cortex-A5

I want more precise number

sleep overhead : time spending after executing WFI to real deep sleep

wake up overhead : time spending after receiving an interrupt to stable awake

can someone provide me these numbers for both Cortex-M4 and Cortex-A5?

Thanks,

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no strict timing definition for low power mode entry/exit sequence. It depends on how the particular low power mode entry/exit sequence is implemented in software. For more information, please refer to the Section 6.6 "Global Power Controller (GPC)", especiially, to the sub-section 6.6.4 "Functional Description", of the Vybrid Reference Manual Rev.8 document, available on the processor's Documentation web page:

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/vfxxx-controller/f-series...

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos