Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vybrid Trace in IAR's EWARM

Jump to solution
n00b1024
Contributor III

Hello,

Has anyone set up the ETM trace on the Vybrid using IAR's EWARM?

Right now, I'm working on that task, but running into a few problems. In EWARM, the trace needs to be enabled through a .mac file run at download, in order for the debugger ETM's viewer/setup to work. Theoretically, I need to write to relevant registers (CCM, mostly) in the .mac file, and that will enable the trace on the processor. Although I can write to the same registers using C code (running that task within in a .c file), the debugger is built such that it can only setup the trace using the .mac file.

However, I haven't been able to write to the processor using the .mac file -- the memory-writing function is being used correctly, but it's simply failing to write. I've been talking to IAR, and they say that my code should work, but that I may need to set up FlexBus in order for the debugger to write to the registers using the .mac. Does anyone have any suggestions, or know of any prerequirements for setting up the ETM on the Vybrid?

Thanks much.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution
juangutierrez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In case of DS-5 + DSTREAM, you may need DTSL(Debug and Trace Service Layer) configuration.

in my experience, "Trace capture method" should be "On Chip Trace Buffer(ETB)", then it works.

Maybe some similar configurations needs to be enabled in your debugger.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n00b1024
Contributor III

Does anyone have advice on setting up the Vybrid's ETM in any 3rd party design suite?

0 Kudos
juangutierrez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Find the attached script for DS5.

You can check it against your mac file for IAR.

My guess is that maybe some IOMUX setting is missing.

juangutierrez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In case of DS-5 + DSTREAM, you may need DTSL(Debug and Trace Service Layer) configuration.

in my experience, "Trace capture method" should be "On Chip Trace Buffer(ETB)", then it works.

Maybe some similar configurations needs to be enabled in your debugger.

0 Kudos
n00b1024
Contributor III

Thanks. I checked with Signum and IAR, and they're not actually supporting the ETM on the Vybrid until around Q2 2014.

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport can you help on this case?

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Unfortunately, we have not used the 3rd party IAR EWARM suite with Vybrid.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

0 Kudos