Vybrid TCON Configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vybrid TCON Configuration

michaelwilkerso
Contributor I

Due to a hardware design issue, I need to bit swap the RGB lines coming out of the DCU to the LCD display.  There is configuration in the TCON to handle this, but I'm not sure what other configuration is needed to ensure all the display data lines are passed through.  Normally, we run the TCON in bypass mode, but since we need to swap the bit order of the RGB lines, I can no longer run with this module in bypass.

Has anyone successfully configured the TCON module, or do most people just run with it in bypass mode.  Is there any additional documentation on configuring the TCON module?

Thank you,

Michael Wilkerson-Barker

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
4 Replies

naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Michael,

We do not have any additional documentation just for the TCON module - only the Reference Manual document.

Dear timesyssupport,

May you comment on the customer's question if "anyone successfully configured the TCON module" for the mode he interested in, please? Do you have anything to share here, please?

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos

timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Currently we are not able to offer immediate assistance, only that information provided in the reference manual document is immediately at hand.

We are not immediately aware of prior efforts to configure this module beyond it's default.

Regards,

Timesys Support

michaelwilkerso
Contributor I

Thank you - I will reach out to our contacts at TI to see if they can provide assistance.

Michael Wilkerson-Barker

0 Kudos

GordyCarlson
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Michael,  thanks for the email.  Hope the App note AN4635 I sent and our email discussion was helpful.  For your follow questions below I will provide my interpretation and ask Naoum naoumgitnik  and also Melissa melissah (author of AN4635, also copied) to confirm or clarify this if needed.....

---from Michael/Harris  via email------------------------------------------------------------

I looked through the app note and noticed this statement: “When the TCON is enabled, we will lose all of the DCU signals.” Is this only the clock timing signals or are the RGB signals lost as well?….

From the app note, it looks like the H_SYNC and V_SYNC signals need to be regenerated using the TCON comparators and pulse generators.  What about the pixel clock and the RGB signals?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like all DCU signals, Timing and RGB,  are routed thru TCON.  There are TCON settings and features to control the blanking of RGB data  and also drive the RGB data to either a "1"or "0" during blanking.  There are also several quotes in the reference manual that when the TCON is not in Bypass mode and is in active TTL mode....."TCON is functional, driving parallel RGB output and the TCON timing signals". .

For timing... the TCON accepts the HSYNC and VSYNC from the display interface, which go into the hcount and vcount registers, which are then used as the time base for generating all timing signals.

TCON also controls the Bit Mapping Control (BMC) to remap the Color Order  (RBG, BRG, GBR, etc) to the output pins.

-Gordy

0 Kudos