cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vybrid DDR3 Tuning

Jump to solution
antoniojenkins
Contributor II

The Vybrid needs a way to calibrate DDR3 settings after using Processor Expert to determine all the base-line register settings.  Something like the i.MX6/7 stress tester.  Will someone please point me to a tool to do this.  And don't point me to this:

CodeWarrior Networked Applications: DDRV|Freescale

...as I'm not using CodeWarrior.  Nor this:

CodeWarrior Networked Applications: DDRV|Freescale

...as it does not have a tuning feature - only a validation feature that requires a license.

What I'm looking for is the code that produced the logs found in this discussion:

Bring up DDR3 Memory on Vybrid

Thanks,

Antonio Jenkins

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Antonio,

There is not any other tool for tune DRAM memories for Vybrid. i.MX uses primarily DDR stress tester. But it is not available for Vybrid.

DDRv tool is not the best tools, but it is able to tune necessary registers. Yes it requires license.

I used it a part of Driver suite 10.4 + update not CW.

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=PE_MCU_DRIVER_SUITE&appType=license&location=null&...

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=PExDrv_10-4-3_UP&appType=license&location=null&fps...

Second option is to prepare your own tuning tool and tune:

Start with: vybrid.c version 9C Mark​ attached

change Master DLL setting to at least 0x0023012A ( PHY03/19/35 )

DDRMC_CR105[15:8]RDLVL_DL_0Number of delay elements to adjust the DQS strobe for a Read Command, Data Slice 0
DDRMC_CR106[7:0]RDLVL_GTDL_0Number of delay elements to gate DQS pad input prior to arrival of Read DQS strobe, Data Slice 0.
DDRMC_CR110[23:16]RDLVL_GTDL_1Number of delay elements to gate DQS pad input prior to arrival of Read DQS strobe, Data Slice 1.
[7:0]RDLVL_DL_1Number of delay elements to adjust the DQS strobe for a Read Command, Data Slice 1
DDRMC_PHY04[14:8]DLL_WRITE_DLNumber of delay elements to adjust the DQS strobe for a Write Command, Data Slice 0
DDRMC_PHY20[14:8]DLL_WRITE_DLNumber of delay elements to adjust the DQS strobe for a Write Command, Data Slice 1

/Jiri

jamesherrera
Contributor II

What tap works with Processor Expert and the DDRv tool for the vybrid processor?

0 Kudos
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello James,

Do you mean tab in PE software?  If yes, then you need to add DDR_mc1:Init_DRR and tab Validation.

/Jiri

0 Kudos
jamesherrera
Contributor II

Hi Jiri,  I mean which JTAG tap works with the PE tab to connect to the board.

0 Kudos
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi James,

jLink only - you need Segger driver instalated.

/Jiri

0 Kudos
jamesherrera
Contributor II
0 Kudos
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello James,

Used same one. The only difference is that they call it now BASE.

/Jiri

0 Kudos