Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timestorm for Vybrid

Jump to solution
MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am new for Linux Timestorm development environment for Vybrid. I set all factory tools and timestorm in ubuntu 12.04, and able to run and debug simple hello project. But When I debug the code, I could see the intel 8086 assembler instruction sets.

How can I set the project cross compile, link, debug parameters for Vybrid?

Thanks and best regards.

Mehmet Ali İpin

Labels (3)
1 Solution
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi Mehmet,

In your Factory directory mentioned above, the RFS image is located under build_*/images/rfs/rootfs.tar.gz.

You can test to see if SSH works by setting a username/password for your Vybrid (eg, root/root). Then, try to SSH from your host to the Vybrid. Run the following commands on the Vybrid, then your host:

Vybrid:

# passwd

Changing password for root

New password:

Bad password: too short

Retype password:

Password for root changed by root

#

Host:

# ssh root@10.0.0.10

root@10.0.0.10's password:

BusyBox v1.20.2 (2014-06-18 19:06:35 EDT) built-in shell (ash)

Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

#

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions.

Timesys Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Mehmet,

We have a guide for cross-compiling a TimeStorm project and performing a remote debug session with TimeStorm:

https://linuxlink.timesys.com/docs/how_to_create_and_debug_hello_world_in_timestorm

Please, let me know if you encounter any issues with this, or have any questions.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

0 Kudos
MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Dear Timesys,

Screenshot from 2014-08-27 09-56-22.png

I read “How To Create and Debug Hello World in TimeStorm” document with “timestorm-manual-4.4.1.pdf”.

When I open the Preferences->Timestorm->Toolchains, I see “Native toolChain i686”. When I add I see the warning message "reqired tool CC is un set ", which I added screenShot.

What Should I do?

Best regards.

Mehmet Ali

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hello Mehmet,

I would recommend following the prerequisites on the following link:

https://linuxlink.timesys.com/docs/how_to_create_and_debug_hello_world_in_timestorm

The first point, installing the SDK Installer from your Factory build output, is required in order to register a toolchain with TimeStorm. Once you do this, you can restart TimeStorm, and the cross-compile toolchain from the SDK will be listed in the Toolchains dialog box above and be available for use in compiling/debugging a TimeStorm project.

Timesys Support

MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Dear Timesys,

I have my tower board is running now. For the SSH server prerequisitie, how can I set an SSH server to run in Vybrid tower?

Thanks and best regards.

Mehmet Ali

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi Mehmet,

In order to run an SSH server on your target, you will want to select either the 'dropbear' or 'openssh' package in your Web or Desktop Factory build. Build your Factory, redeploy the resulting RFS image, and boot the Vybrid. The SSH server will start automatically.

You can also run/debug a TimeStorm project on your host PC instead of the Vybrid, To do so, in TimeStorm, right click your project on the leftmost panel and select 'Properties'. Under 'C/C++ Build > Settings', under the 'Cross Toolchain' tab, pick 'SDK Type: Other SDK' and 'Toolchain from SDK: Native toolchain' (if you are using an older version of TimeStorm, there will be no 'SDK Type:' option).

Save these settings, and clean and rebuild your project. You can now do a local run or debug session.

Timesys Support

MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Dear Timesys,

Thank you very much again for your answer;

I checked my "timesys/twr_vf600/factory-20121029$" directory and run "make menuconfig" command; and saw that "open ssh" is selected.

Where is this RFS image(in which directory)? How can I test if SSH is working?

Best regards.

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi Mehmet,

In your Factory directory mentioned above, the RFS image is located under build_*/images/rfs/rootfs.tar.gz.

You can test to see if SSH works by setting a username/password for your Vybrid (eg, root/root). Then, try to SSH from your host to the Vybrid. Run the following commands on the Vybrid, then your host:

Vybrid:

# passwd

New password:

Retype password:

#

Host:

# ssh root@10.0.0.10

root@10.0.0.10's password:

BusyBox v1.20.2 (2014-06-18 19:06:35 EDT) built-in shell (ash)

Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

#

Timesys Support

0 Kudos
MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Dear Timesys,

After connecting the Ethernet cable between Tower kit and ubuntu, Now I can debug the Vybrid codes in Timestorm.

Thank you so much for your helps.

Best regards.

Mehmet Ali

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi Mehmet,

Glad to hear you were able to do the debug session. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Timesys Support

0 Kudos
MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Dear Timesys,

Thank you very much for your helps;

I can see the RFS image in the given directory, but after I wrote "ssh root@10.0.0.10" at terminal,I received /bin/sh:ssh: not found  message

# passwd

New password:

Retype password:

# ssh root@10.0.0.10

-/bin/sh: ssh: not found

#

In Vybrid I have rootfs.tar.gz, when I enter ls:

# ls

(other files)  rootfs.tar.gz  usr

#

Does default factory image or rootfs.tar.gz in Vybrid includes ssh?

How am I sure that "ssh root@10.0.0.10" command written in terminal checks my hosts correct  ../rootfs/ directory?

Should I connect Ethernet cable between the PC and Vybrid?

Thanks and best regards.

0 Kudos
MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Dear Timesys,

Thank you very much for your helps

I installed and executed the toolchain for cross compile in Timestorm.

Unfortunately, I have a problem with my Vybrid tower kit, Therefore, is it possible to debug the Vybrid codes in timestorm without hardware?

Best regards.

0 Kudos
kef2
Senior Contributor IV

Mehmet,

Timesys tool chain should be installed. You may get it with BSP/SDK from Timesyst. Configure packages etc for your board, build SDK, download something like   twr_vf600-development-environment.sh configured for your purposes and run to install it.

Edward

MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Dear Edward,

Tank you very much,

I installed timesys factory tool kit, and managed to cross compile, and link the project.

Is it possible to debug the Vybrid code in Ubuntu, without hardware(I mean Tower Kit)?

Best regards.

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport are you available to help  with this case?

0 Kudos