Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-VF65GS10, DS-5 and ULINKpro D

Jump to solution
axelrichter
Contributor I

Hello,

we use TWR-VF65GS10 with DS-5 (Ultimate, 30 day evaluation) and ULINKpro D. When trying to establish a debugger connection we receive the error message:

"Connection Failed" Reason: Unable to connect to TCP:localhost, Failed to power up DAP.

DS_5_ULINK_pro_D_debug_connect_error.jpg

The Evaluation Board is powered up and the ULINKpro D itself is detected by DS-5 and selected as debug probe, so what are we doing wrong.

Best regards,

Axel Richter

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos
4 Replies
axelrichter
Contributor I

Hello!

Finally it is a bug on the TWR board. The K20 Debug Controller is held in reset, when USB is not connected. But this seem to block the debug interface lines somehow. As a workaround we additionally power the board over the USB connector.

Such a thing must not happen on a board with revision "H". Does nobody test the boards before releasing to customers?

Best regards,

Axel Richter

0 Kudos
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alex

please look here Vybrid TWR-VF65 debug

/Jiri

0 Kudos
axelrichter
Contributor I

Hello Jiri,

we thought about adding this resistor but because our workaround works for us we didn't change anything.

Best regards, Axel

0 Kudos
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Alex,

there were always socket-ed boards with new label - so you can divide number of revisions by two :smileyhappy:. Also thinks like this happens on break-through products.

Rev.H has completely redesign power scheme and significantly improved SDRAM design.

Primary power supply is from J3 to enjoy integrated debugger and virtual serial channel. So it is not a bug - you can always assembly those resistors in the case of power from tower elevator and usage of external debugger.

If no other answer please close the thread by clicking on correct reply button - you can always continue with the thread or start new thread.

/Jiri

0 Kudos