cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with shared memory switching between cores on crossworks/cmsis-dap

Jump to solution
SlaveToTime
Contributor II

I am creating a dual core application with crossworks,starting with the example dual core application.

I want to have a shared area,like for mcc (shared-memory,0x3f040000). I was changing the size of A5 and M4 on the project properties,as to have that shared region on Bottom of the A5 part and on Top of M4 part(it fits)

After that,I was trying to debug the project,but it doesn't run as i think due to memory problem.

From one of the two cores,If I select an address of shared memory like 0x3f040000(or another region,in OCRAM,SRAM, from 0x3f000000 to 0x3f07FFFF,it is not so important) and try to write a value(or the program does it),when I change the project part to the other core,crossworks loses the value,like that the debugger doesn't really read the memory,but a local image of memory,or it could be that everytime I change to other core,it  reload the memory saved locally.I don't know.

Do you have an Idea of what could be the problem?actually I don't know what to modify(if it is possible to do what i want to do)

P.S. I am trying even with DS-5 and the effect is the same.If I connect the A5 part,seems that i lost control on M4 part.And vice versa.Probably I have some problem on debugging the two cores at the same time...not only the shared memory is involved

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
VilemZ
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alessandro,

Ping-Pong example doesn't work, too?

And how do you debug both cores?

Best Regards

Vilem

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VilemZ
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alessandro,

What is running on both cores? MQX and Linux? Or what?

It need set memory for both cores same. Do you have it?

Does mcc work with default settings? (some example project or something like that)?

Best Regards,

Vilem

SlaveToTime
Contributor II

On Crossworks, It runs Baremetal on both cores.

On DS-5 It runs MQX on both cores with Ping-Pong example,using Mcc.

0 Kudos
VilemZ
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alessandro,

Ping-Pong example doesn't work, too?

And how do you debug both cores?

Best Regards

Vilem

0 Kudos
SlaveToTime
Contributor II

The problem with PingPong DS5 is solved now,but the problem with crossoworks is not solved yet.

I tried also to use Atollic TRUEstudio, the memory was correctly read,when I do "modprobe mcc" by Linux Side, Truestudio see the new data at address 0x3f040000 loaded by linux.

I don't know very well what do you mean by set memory,you mean the memory configuration (size of DDR,OCRAM,and start position)?

0 Kudos