Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCC Cpu-to-CPU interrupt cycle time

Jump to solution
hjk
Contributor III

Hi,

I am now using TWR-VF65SG10, and I try to measure the cycle time of MCC cpu-to-cpu interrupt,

How much cycle it takes between M4 triggers an interrupt and A5 receives an event?

Since I can't use Streamline, and SSH into the target board, is there any way I could measure the cycle time or can some provide me a number ?

Thank you

1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

jiri-b36968​  can you comment here?

0 Kudos
hjk
Contributor III

Hi jiri-b36968​,

I've read your comments, I have a few question

1. Are those number of first comment from AN4947 ?

2. You mentioned that the conclusion of 664 MB/s is based on theory, is that the result of calculation of those number mentioned above?

3. How did you get the number of 7MB/s ? is that a real target board's result ?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello a a,

1. Yes. Also those numbers come from designers.

2. Yes. It is theoretical throughput of HW - more in the thread.

3. It was real test on real board (debug target, release can be faster as mentioned in the thread).

/Jiri

0 Kudos
hjk
Contributor III

Hi jiri-b36968​,

For third question, can I get more detailed information?

Like how much time does it spend on semaphore locking, and interrupt handling?

If I have only ARM energy probe and CMSIS-DAP from board, how can I do in DS-5 to get that more information?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello a a,

the test details are here https://community.nxp.com/thread/384093#comment-612762

Semaphore is peripheral like any other. Please check AN4947. For interrupt handling please look at ARM Information Center

To measure event you can use internal timers of ARM or you can use GPIO toggling + oscilloscope.

/Jiri

timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi,
    As far as I checked the reference manual contains no information regarding the CPU to CPU cycle time. And I am not aware other than streamline how to find the cycle time. To make us understand the problem could you please tell us why you looking for cycle time?

Thanks,
Timesys support.

0 Kudos
hjk
Contributor III

Hi,

I want to know the overhead of CPU to CPU interrupt, when one core tries to use the MCC API to  trigger the interrupt to the other core.

Is the overhead of triggering hardware interrupt is too small to be neglected, then I can just calculate the API execution cycle time?

Thanks

0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi,

Unfortunately, I do not know the time it takes on the hardware side for the CPU-to-CPU interrupt to trigger. karinavalencia​, can the NXP Vybrid hardware team comment here?

Thanks,

Timesys Support

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport​ can you help to review this case?

0 Kudos