cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of changes for Vybrid Software Reference manual Rev7

Jump to solution
billpringlemeir
Contributor V

Is there a list of changes in 'revision 7' of the Vybrid Software reference manual, that was posted June 16th 2014?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefan,

it is already commented at GPC in about "Vybrid Reference Manual, Rev. 7, 06/2014"

chapter from rm rev.5 attached

/Jiri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Bill,

Hopefully what is attached will help.

I am working with our tech. writing team to add this information into the Reference Manual itself as well (it will take time, though).

Sincerely, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos
falstaff
Senior Contributor I

Hi Naoum,

I noticed that in Rev. 7, MSCM_CPxCFG1 - MSCM_CPxCFG3 are missing, but are still in the memory map in the beginning of the chapter. Hence I guess this happened unintentionally.

--

Stefan

0 Kudos
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Stefan,

I am having difficulties understanding your "in Rev. 7, MSCM_CPxCFG1 - MSCM_CPxCFG3 are missing, but are still in the memory map in the beginning of the chapter" phrase: what do you specifically mean, please? - "MSCM_CPxCFG" is mentioned the same number of times (~20) in both the latest Rev.7 and the previous Rev.5.

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos
falstaff
Senior Contributor I

Hi Naoum,

Yes, in the "MSCM memory map" table (on page 3394 & cont.) all the registers are mentioned. However, according to the table, the chapter e.g. 64.3.8 should describe 4 registers. However, that chapter only contains the first chapter.

Click for instance on "MSCM_CPxCFG1".It jumps to the chapter 64.3.8 called MSCM_CPxCFGx, but in there only the first register (MSCM_CPxCFG0) is described. Just after that, the MSCM_CP0TYPE follows.

In the Rev. 5 manual, after MSCM_CPxCFG0 followed the description of MSCM_CPxCFG1 (which contain the Level 2 cache information for instance)... This is missing in the Rev. 7 manual.

--

Stefan

0 Kudos
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Stefan,

The Rev.5 appears to be correct in this part, and we will have to fix it in the latest Rev.7.

Thanks for catching this issue!

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos
falstaff
Senior Contributor I

Hi Naoum,

Thanks for your response. Just caught other missing registers in Rev 7 manual. In the GPC chapter, the following registers are undocumented in Rev7:

• PGCR
  • PGSR
  • IMR2
  • IMR3
  • ISR2
  • ISR3

I guess these are still part of Vybrid but just missing in the Rev 7 documentation.

Regards,

Stefan Agner

0 Kudos
jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefan,

it is already commented at GPC in about "Vybrid Reference Manual, Rev. 7, 06/2014"

chapter from rm rev.5 attached

/Jiri

0 Kudos
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Dear Stefan,

Sorry for the delay due to some higher priority assignments.

It looks like I know what you are asking about - you mean that the "64.3.8 Processor X Configuration Register (MSCM_CPxCFGn)" section makes all the 4 registers look having identical structures whereas, according to the older Rev.5, they are not.

Please, keep using the older data until I figure it out with the Vybrid IC design team.

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

billpringlemeir
Contributor V

Thanks Naoum.  I understand some people may want a complete line-by-line change list.  Just having the chapters that are updated is very helpful.

0 Kudos