Is the ARM Cortex-A5 'PERIPHCLK' the same as the Vybrid 'platform bus clock'?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the ARM Cortex-A5 'PERIPHCLK' the same as the Vybrid 'platform bus clock'?

Jump to solution
billpringlemeir
Contributor V

In the Cortex-A5 technical reference manual (TRM), there is an on-chip timer.  This timer is clocked at the PERIPHCLK frequency which is ARM terminology.  Is this clock the same a the Vybrid platform bus clock?  Ie, the time base for the on-chip A5 timer is based on the 'bus clock'?  The ARM TRM lists global timers, private timers and watchdog as being clocked by PERIPHCLK.  I searched the main Vybrid documents for the signal name and have read the clock chapters several times, but I may have missed something.

I let the private timer run for ~35 minutes and PERIPHCLK appears to the same as the platform bus clock.  From the same TRM, it seems that the GIC is clocked by the same PERIPHCLK and the Vybrid's A5 interrupt latency will be affected slightly by adjustments to the CCM and the platform bus clock.   A more definitive source of information from a manual would be valuable.

Addendum: MQX use the global A5 timer as a system tick source (for the Vybrid-A5 PSP) and it uses the BUS clock as the clock source.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Hello Bill,

The answer is "Yes".

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Hello Bill,

The answer is "Yes".

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos
naoumgitnik
Senior Contributor V

Hello Bill,

I will try to find this information for you.

Regards, Naoum Gitnik.

0 Kudos
billpringlemeir
Contributor V

I hope it is useful for everyone.  Thanks for confirming.

0 Kudos