I want to use MQX for both the A5 core and M4 core. I'm going to wring out the bootup procedure on the tower board, then switch to an Emcraft SOM.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to use MQX for both the A5 core and M4 core. I'm going to wring out the bootup procedure on the tower board, then switch to an Emcraft SOM.

prahsman
Contributor I

I am starting a project that will use MQX for both the A5 and M4 cores. I want to wring out the bootup procedure using the tower board (because of more code examples) then switch to an Emcraft SOM. The end goal is to boot from x8 NAND flash because that is what the Emcraft SOM supports. I'm looking for a simple bootloader that will support programming NAND flash, most likely from an SD card. I know u-boot will do this, but seems like overkill. What else is out there? I'm using IAR IDE, is there any direct way to program the NAND flash from IAR?

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

prahsman
Contributor I

I found the bootloader_vybrid program in the mqx examples and I think I can use that to accomplish what I need to later. I also built the dcu4 example and ran it, which worked fine. I then copied the dcu4 project into another directory so that I could modify it and preserve the original. It builds fine in the new directory, but doesn't load into ddr memory correctly. I'm using IAR tools. I'm coming from using processors that all had flash onboard. The flash was programmed by the debugger, and the code is run. Therefore I'm new to downloading into ddr ram. I'm assuming that there's some "secret sauce" in getting the debugger to set up the ddrmc before trying to download the code. I found a file called "twrvf65gs10_a5_ddr.mac which I'm assuming gets used somehow, but I'm not sure how to use it. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

rendy​ please continue with the follow up.

0 Kudos

jiri-b36968
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello guys,

boot-loader is part of MQX.

Please check

c:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_x\mqx\examples\bootloader_vybrid\

c:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_x\mqx\examples\bootloader_vybrid_qspixip\

/Jiri

rendy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

there is a tool called MFGTool. This tool was planned to have NAND flash support. Maybe AlejandroSierra​ could tell us what's the status.

Rene

0 Kudos

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

AlejandroSierra​ can you comment?

0 Kudos

AlejandroSierra
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rene,

I think there's a confusion. I haven't never supported Vybrid.

I know MFG tool has support for NAND flash, but for I.MX family only.

I.MX MFG tool normally uses Linux kernel and a small file system (on ram disk) to download the images to any Non-Volatile memory (ex. Nand).

Not sure on how Vybrid does this.

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

rendy​ FYI

0 Kudos