How about adjustment range and method of VIU.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about adjustment range and method of VIU.

takashitakahash
Contributor III

I refer  Vybrid  RM of Rev6 of chapter61.

There are describe on VIU adjustment rang and method.

EX, there are describe on Brightness adjustment range

1. 61.6.17 Brightness (VDEC_BRT)

I can understand how to adjust the adjustment range because it was listed as the following Brightness.

<This is equivalent to brightness. Accepts a signed value from -128 to +127 (0x80 to 0x7f).>

But 61.6.18 Hue(VDEC_HUE) .There are no description of the adjustment range and the adjustment method.

Would you Please teach me adjustment range and method.

And 61.6.16 Contrast (VDEC_CNTR)

The adjustment range are listedBut the adjustment range and adjustment method does not understand.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

YumotoTaku
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I add some comments about this questions.

Video decoder on Vybrid supports adjustment of "contrast" , "brightness" and "hue". Each parameters are controlled by VDEC_CNTR, VDEC_BRT and VDEC_HUE, respectively.

Then, our questions are configuration range of these registers;

Q1. contrast (VDEC_CNTR)

RM explains that "This is equivalent to contrast. The pivot point is 0. Other contrast gains use a pivot point of mid luma. Nominal gain of 1 is 0x80." I understand 0x80 is gain 1 and I guess this register accept unsigned value from 0 to 255 (0x00 to 0xFF).

Is it correct ?

Q2.  hue (VDEC_HUE)

RM explains that "Hue". It is difficult to understand adjustment range. Does this register also accept signed value from -128 to +127 (0x80 to 0x7F). or unsigned value from 0 to 255 (0x00 to 0xFF) ?

If signed value, 0x80 is gain 1 (No change) as same as contrast ?

Best Regards

Taku