Does Vybrid MQX support include A5 core?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Vybrid MQX support include A5 core?

kstolp
Contributor II

Does Vybrid MQX support only apply to the M4 core, or does it also apply to the A5 core?

6 Replies

kstolp
Contributor II

Thank you for the information. I don't have a specific problem with Vybrid. I am looking for a processor that can do data transfers using UARTS, USB flash drive, and 10/100 Ethernet. All transfers are simultaneous. I'd like to have two UARTS running full duplex at 1Mbps and would like to write data to a USB flash drive at about 4 MB/sec, and send and receive data TCP/IP at about 2 MB/sec. I have been looking at Cortex M4/M7 MCU's, but I'm not sure they can keep up with these data rates. I've also been looking at the A9 processors. I think A9 can do the data rates, but they have more features than I really need. I think A9 is also more power hungry than I want. The Vybrid looks like it may be a good middle ground, but I think the A5 was intended to run Linux, and maybe the Vybrid A5 running Linux can meet my performance requirements, but if it can't I was thinking MQX running on the A5 might be a good fall back solution.

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

SergioSolis​ are you able to continue with the follow up?

0 Kudos

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Well, I haven't  run MQX in the Vybrid A5.. alejandrolozano​ you have more experience with MQX, have you used the A5 with MQX?

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Yes, theres support in MQX for the CA5. There very basic examples found in the< MQX_INSTALLATION_FOLDER>/mqx/examples/ That you can use as reference. There are multiple exmaples working in IAR, DS-5 or even using Makefiles with the command line.

Are you having some kind of problem?

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

kstolp
Contributor II

Yes, I did see this brochure. My question probably should have been, "Is anyone in the community running MQX on the Vybrid A5 core using the standard IDE tools provided by NXP?"

0 Kudos

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It does support the A5 core, please take a look at the following document for a detailed version list and their support.

http://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/fact_sheet/MQXFS.pdf

0 Kudos