Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some part is burned on my board

Jump to solution
igorlalik
Contributor II

Hello,

i have been working on my project with freescale KL46Z4 and Motor Drive ver A with servo and 2 motors connected. It was charged by 7,2V battery to pin P5-9V wich has a 3.3V regulator. Yesterday i heard quik click sound and burning smell so I trurn it off. Now when i connect KL46Z4 i can't flash program because of error "No Debug Unit Device was found" but also MCU is getting really hot so I must disconnect device. Can anyone tell me what might burn on board, because i think everything was connected right and I don't know what happend.

Regards,

Igor.

I put image to show in general how it was connected:

2014-12-23 20.09.35.jpg

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DamarisOchoa
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Igor,

The J9- Pin 16 is connected to the U1 3.3V regulator. Check this document on page 8 http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/user_guide/FRDM-KL46Z_UM.pdf?fasp=1 with the information.

My only question is if the GND ( from motor-drive board connector J5) was connected to the FRDM board on connector J9- Pin 14 or 12. I can´t tell by the picture.

Damaris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DamarisOchoa
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Igor,

The J9- Pin 16 is connected to the U1 3.3V regulator. Check this document on page 8 http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/user_guide/FRDM-KL46Z_UM.pdf?fasp=1 with the information.

My only question is if the GND ( from motor-drive board connector J5) was connected to the FRDM board on connector J9- Pin 14 or 12. I can´t tell by the picture.

Damaris

0 Kudos
igorlalik
Contributor II

Hello Damaris,

Thanks for your answer, GND was connected to J5 Pin 14. It was connected that way for few day testing and one day suddenly it crashed. I lost my board and unfortunately even don't know why.

Regards,

Igor.

0 Kudos
igorlalik
Contributor II

I solved my problem. It turns out that MCU has burned because pin 16 (5-9V) do not provide 5V regulator but only 3.3V. In my group two or more other people had the same problem even if they installed 5V regulator with capacitors. So I recommend to charge microcontroller only by usb. It's little weird that in User Manual this pin is pointed as regulated, but when you look into schematics and find that pin, it shows out that there is no regulator included by default.

DamarisOchoa
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank You Igor for sharing the solution to the problem!

The community will be glad!

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos