Results: Freescale Cup 2013 Worldwide Championship

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congratulations to all the teams to making it this far.  Last minute tweaks made and broke a few teams shooting for the top spot.

Best times: (in seconds)

14.89 - Beijing University of Science and Technology [China]

17.60 - Swinburne University of Technology [Malaysia]

19.08 - National Taiwan University of Science and Technology [Taiwan]

19.57 - Escola Politecnica da Universidade de Sao Paulo [Brazil]

20.54 - University of California Berkeley [USA]

22.14 - Slovak University of Technology [Slovakia]

DNF - The University of Tokyo [Japan]

DNF - Bannari Amman Institute of Technology [India]

DNF - Instituto Politecnico Nacional [Mexico]

Read more:

Day 1: Freescale Cup 2013 Worldwide Championship and China Regional Finals

Day 2:  (coming soon)

Labels (1)
Comments

The time went so fast at the final race I wanted to make sure I communicated to each team that I was proud to see you all try your best.  Like everything else, there will always be room for improvement.  As you know there are many factors that play into the Freescale Cup, some you can control and others you can't.  For example, you can prepare your car to race well on a practice track, but when using an optical device to navigate your vehicle switching to another track can change perfomance.  Factors like the amount and consistency of light intensity throughout the track. Trying to adjust your car on the fly to acommodate is sometimes difficult. Experience, experience, experience.

As you heard me say many times there are two main goals of the Freescale Cup, one is technical know-how and the other is the social aspect.  What you experienced at the worldwide challenge met those goals and then some.  From my eyes watching you all interact and learn from each other was amazing. That experience will most certainly carry over to our global workplace. Congratulations to all the teams for a job well done and especially to University of Science and Technology Beijing for earning the title, Worldwide Freescale Cup Champion.

Any way to find out which boards and IDEs each team used? Curious...

Yes.  I hope to upload profiles of each team here in the next few days!

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎08-23-2013 01:47 PM
Updated by: