Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ping problem with T104XD4RDB

zhazha
Contributor I

Hi,all:

I have a problem with T104XD4RDB:

The RTOS:vxworks6.9

U-boot is the default version by factory.

I can ping under U-boot,but can't under vxworks6.9  .

The relative ends are ETH0-ETH2(memac4,memac5,memac3). SerDes1 protocol is 0x66,namely,MEMAC4,MEMAC5 is RGMII,and MEMAC3 is SGMII. I check the phy address ,0x4(memac4),0x5(memac5),0x1(memac3). 

1) under vxworks,using ifconfig command ,the memacX's status is UP RUNNING  ,but can't ping OK(only with tx packets,no RX packet).

2) I also check the IF mode (offset 0x300)and IF staus register(0x304) of FMAN, it's link status and speed is correct.

3 )  and also add printf in the phy read to check the PHY(RTL8211E) 's register, the relative link status and speed is also correct.

can anyone give me some suggestions? or give me the direction for digging out the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The fact that ping works in U-Boot proves that there is no hardware issue.

It is convenient to address the VxWorks-related questions to the Wind River technical support.

0 Kudos

zhazha
Contributor I

Dear ufedor,

Thanks for your quick reply!

Asking  for Wind River's technical support is one side,on the other side,The CPU's ethernet controller is also important .

1)Is there one init flow when init the ethernet control?

2)Is there any special places by setting T1040's ethernet's driver,or I should pay attention to which aspect? Please give me some hints or special point,Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos