cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ethernet marvel PHY 88E1512 not working for 1Gbps

Jump to solution
monalihaware
Contributor III

I have a custom board with T2080 and it is interfaced with 88E1512 marvell PHY.

After dumping the uboot code,i connected the board to a PC/system through ethernet cable.  Pinging and tftp works fine for 10 and 100Mbps. For 1Gpbs, the board pings 3-4 times successfully and then again goes for autonegotiTION (THIS I HAVE seen in the PC/system to which the custom board is connected). And then pings for 3-4 times and then fails to ping and again goes for autonegotiation. And coz of this, i am not able to do tftp any file at 1Gbps. 

CAn anyone tell me if it is HArdware or software reason? 

MOreover, in the staTUS register it shows-

Both False carrier and symbol errors being reported for 1Gbps.

Is it hardware or software in uboot issue?? has anyone faced any issue with marvel phy 88e1512?

1 Solution
supunt
Contributor I

Did you use internal regulators for DVDD and AVDD18 VDDO ? if so it wont work for 1G. Supply them using external regulators and try. it worked well for me. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mcagriaksoy
Contributor II

You can read some diagnose registers and understand the error where it caused from.

mcagriaksoy_0-1709216174529.png

In PHY side you can check the register:

mcagriaksoy_1-1709216297517.png

When you are in auto-neg mode, you need to see "resolved" in this register after 2-3 seconds. Apperently your system starting auto-neg again and again. Please make sure you have right Page 0, Register 0 configuration and not called: "Restart Copper Auto-Negotiation"

0 Kudos
supunt
Contributor I

Did you use internal regulators for DVDD and AVDD18 VDDO ? if so it wont work for 1G. Supply them using external regulators and try. it worked well for me. 

0 Kudos
monalihaware
Contributor III

we made new board with external regulator option.Then only it started working for 1 Gbps. 

0 Kudos
Oswalag
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Is the issue reproducible on another board?,  it looks more like a hardware issue please provide more information and review the processor connection schematics according to the PHY datasheet, there could be a lot of reasons for example a wrong resistance value on a pin on PHY.

0 Kudos