cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cout and UART for Custom Board and Custom Speed

jimccall
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a custom board running at a custom speed (SYSCLK). I was trying to print via UART to a TeraTerm console but am unable to. I know the UART traces and setup from a hardware standpoint is correct because I was able to create a project and generate output via writes to the requisite registers.

When I attempt to print the generic "Welcome to CodeWarrior!" prompt (via a bareboard example project), however, it does not print.

I imported the T4240QDS_aeabi_64bit_serial project, set the system clock variable to 128, and removed the case and QIXIS statements from the duart_config.c file. I built the file and copied the UART1_T4240QDS.aeabi.UC.64bit.a file into my other project. After building the project, I am still unable to generate output on the UART lines.

Is there a step I'm missing?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you really use 64-bit Build Tools Architecture?

I believe that in the discussed case it is more reasonable to import the "T4240RDB_aeabi_64bit_serial" and just modify the 'systemClock'.

What is the SYSCLK frequency?

What is the RCW source? What is the RCW[UART_BASE] value?

0 Kudos

jimccall
Contributor I

Hi ufedor,

I'm pretty sure I set up the project to use 64-bit Build Tools Architecture. The main reason why I chose that aeabi serial project was because, in the project I'm attempting to print to TeraTerm in, it has the UART1_T4240QDS.aeabi.UC.64bit.a file in its Lib folder.

I tried modifying just the systemClock to no avail. That's when I started stripping out extraneous code from the duart_config.c file

The SYSCLK frequency is 128MHz.

The RCW source is i2c extended.

The RCW[UART_BASE] value is 0b100.

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please use a debugger to ensure that UART1 is initialized properly.

0 Kudos