Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change DDR3 from UDIMM to Chip

Jump to solution
mohamadahmadi
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

I am so happy to be here. I have several questions about T1040 processor. I design a board with T1040 but I do not use from the UDIMM memory like T1040RDB. I must use from T1040RDB SDK for U-Boot kernel and ... .

what changes should I set in SDK with new DDR3?

thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

U-boot for the T1040 boards uses SPD for DDR configuring.

See the ddr.zip file in the attachment.

Find the following line in the ddr.h file:

static const struct board_specific_parameters udimm0[] = {

This structure contains the following parameters:

n_ranks, datarate_mhz_high, rank_gb, clk_adjust, wrlvl_start, wrlvl_ctl_2, wrlvl_ctl_3.

Look at the T1023RDB setting in the t102xrdb.h file. Find the CONFIG_SYS_DDR_RAW_TIMING in this file. This setting provides do not use SPD for DDR configuring. See the t102xrdb.h and ddr_t102xrdb.c files for the T102sRDB board from u-boot. See the ddr_raw_timing procedure in the ddr_t102xrdb.c file.

Use similar method for your T1040 board.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
atrqua
Contributor I

Hi dear:

I have met a problem about DIMM。

When I boot 1046 , A NOTICE  comes out every seconds like "NOTICE: UDIMM M4DS-AGS1QC0J-BE82".

Have ever met this problem

or Could u plz give me some advances

Thanks

atrqua

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry for delay.

Changes in Linux kernel are not needed.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

mohamadahmadi
Contributor I

Thanks Pavel,

Your answer was very helpful, I use the Linux kernel . After u-boot, what changes should I set in Linux kernel with new DDR3?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

U-boot for the T1040 boards uses SPD for DDR configuring.

See the ddr.zip file in the attachment.

Find the following line in the ddr.h file:

static const struct board_specific_parameters udimm0[] = {

This structure contains the following parameters:

n_ranks, datarate_mhz_high, rank_gb, clk_adjust, wrlvl_start, wrlvl_ctl_2, wrlvl_ctl_3.

Look at the T1023RDB setting in the t102xrdb.h file. Find the CONFIG_SYS_DDR_RAW_TIMING in this file. This setting provides do not use SPD for DDR configuring. See the t102xrdb.h and ddr_t102xrdb.c files for the T102sRDB board from u-boot. See the ddr_raw_timing procedure in the ddr_t102xrdb.c file.

Use similar method for your T1040 board.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov