Will a T1020 binary execute correctly on a similar board populated with a T1040 ??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will a T1020 binary execute correctly on a similar board populated with a T1040 ??

Jump to solution
christophernoll
Contributor I

We have two sets of equivalent hardware differing only with respect to one being populated with a T1020 and the other populated with a T1040.  The binary code we have is built for a two core T1020.  Will this same binary execute correctly on the board populated with the T1040?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I think this depends on if the binary touch the difference between T1040 and T1020. The key difference are core numbers and SVR.

For example if you have bring up two cores, or have task execution on two cores but check on each core, this will make things different on T1040. Or if the binary trying to read the SVR value, or PCI device ID, and do something accordingly.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I think this depends on if the binary touch the difference between T1040 and T1020. The key difference are core numbers and SVR.

For example if you have bring up two cores, or have task execution on two cores but check on each core, this will make things different on T1040. Or if the binary trying to read the SVR value, or PCI device ID, and do something accordingly.

Regards

0 Kudos
christophernoll
Contributor I

Same conclusion I have come to from reading the UM.  As long as the binary didn't explicitly check SVR, etc, I think it will be ok.

0 Kudos