您的意思是: 
已解决

What is RAMDISK, RCW and FMan Microcode

跳至解决方案
2,905 次查看
yusufalti333
Contributor IV

Hi nxp community,

I am new in embedded world and these terms. Trying to figure out everything I read in documentation https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.pdf and apply everything I learn to my T1042D4RDB-64b using Yocto and U-boot. I searched google to learn what those terms mean but couldn't figure out. Is there anyone who can clearly tell me what does RAMDISK,RCW and FMan Microcode do/mean.

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
1 解答
2,705 次查看
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

RCW (Reset Configuration Word):

The chip uses an external memory interface to import a subset of the reset configuration information from a memory device during reset. Such information is called reset configuration word (RCW) data.

Detailed description is provided in the QorIQ T1040 Reference Manual, 4.6.5 Reset configuration word (RCW)

FMan (Frame Manager) microcode:

Description of the FMan functions which require microcode is provided in the T1040 QorIQ Data Path Acceleration Architecture (DPAA) Reference Manual, 5.13 Frame Manager—FMan Controller.

RAMDISK:

Software RAM disk is the normal RAM in main memory as if it were a partition on a hard drive rather than actually accessing the data bus normally used for secondary storage such as hard disk. Additional details can be found on Linux forums.

NXP Linux SDK contains all necessary tools for RAM disk image preparation and deployment - refer to the SDK Documentation:

Submit Form 

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
2 回复数
2,706 次查看
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

RCW (Reset Configuration Word):

The chip uses an external memory interface to import a subset of the reset configuration information from a memory device during reset. Such information is called reset configuration word (RCW) data.

Detailed description is provided in the QorIQ T1040 Reference Manual, 4.6.5 Reset configuration word (RCW)

FMan (Frame Manager) microcode:

Description of the FMan functions which require microcode is provided in the T1040 QorIQ Data Path Acceleration Architecture (DPAA) Reference Manual, 5.13 Frame Manager—FMan Controller.

RAMDISK:

Software RAM disk is the normal RAM in main memory as if it were a partition on a hard drive rather than actually accessing the data bus normally used for secondary storage such as hard disk. Additional details can be found on Linux forums.

NXP Linux SDK contains all necessary tools for RAM disk image preparation and deployment - refer to the SDK Documentation:

Submit Form 

0 项奖励
2,614 次查看
WmBAnderson
Contributor I
ufedor, Is there a cross reference that shows which version of the QorIQ Linux SDK will build the corect software load for the particular version of T1040 I have? I've built SDK 1.7 & 1.8 niether of which has the fsl_fman_ucode_t1040_r1.1_106_4_18.bin I believe I need for my board. My U-Boot indicates I have Fman1 microcode version 106.4.18 running on a T1040E Version 1.1 Regards, Bill
0 项奖励