cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to use T1042 PCIe as EndPoint device

faizmajeed
Contributor III

Hi!

I have T1042 customized board and want to use T1042 as an EndPoint device. Now I have to write a device driver for this. I want to get any reference Driver that has used T1042 as an Endpoint Device.

Thank You

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Faiz Majeed,

PCIe EP device driver is provided in Linux SDK, please refer to the following Linux Kernel configuration  for PCIe EP Kernel.

-> Cryptographic API

->[*] Hardware crypto devices
        -> < > NXP CAAM-Multicore driver backend (disable the option)
-> Device Drivers
      -> <*> Userspace I/O drivers
           -> <*> NXP SEC support(disable the option)
       -> <*> VFIO Non-Privileged userspace driver framework(enable the option)
            -> <*> VFIO support for Fresscale PCI Endpoint devices(enable the option)

Please refer to SKMM demo provided in Linux SDK, PowerPC platforms are used as EP devices, and X86 is used ad the Host.

Please refer to Linux SDK document Submit Form  for details.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

faizmajeed
Contributor III

yipingwang‌ Thanks for considering my question. But I still have a problem.

• I am not getting expected options in the kernel menuconfig , there is no support of endpoint device (it should be -> <*> VFIO support for Freescale PCI Endpoint devices). As you can see in the attached screenshot. I am trying to configure it for T1042RDB.  
  • The second problem is that I am following "QorIQ-SDK-2.0-1703-IC-Rev0.pdf" for all this. So at the end of page#1270, it is clearly mentioned that 

Host side supports x86 and PowerPC boards

EP side support P5020DS, T4240QDS

Please try to solve this problem as soon as possible, as the deadline for my project is going to end and I am just stuck here and cannot configure it as an endpoint.

Thank You 

kernel_Menuconfig_Snapshot.PNG

0 Kudos

faizmajeed
Contributor III

I can see the endpoint support as we can configure it as an endpoint by RCW. But I do not know how to add endpoint support in the kernel. As in SDK, there is only these are mentioned.

Platforms Supported
• P4080DS
• T4240QDS

Thank you

0 Kudos