cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T2080RDB based board halts in U-boot initialization on cold boot

kylevonschmacht
Contributor I

To whom it may concern,

We're bringing up a custom board using the T2081 derived from the T2080RDB and T1042RDB.

SDK is QorIQ SDK 2.0 rev 1703.

We've noticed an error across all our boards.   

On a cold boot the processor will halt partway through the U-boot initialization sequence, usually before it rebases to RAM. 

POR, Hreset, and Reset_Req_n remain high.

There is no activity on the NOR chip select [So it is not executing instructions from flash]

There is intermittent activity on the DDR Chip select, consistent with auto-refresh

After about 5 minutes of on time, an outside reset (POR) or power-cycle with make the board boot normally, before then it halts in the same place.

I've tried putting in puts() to localize where the issue is happening,  this just causes the halt location to move earlier in the sequence.  This leads me to believe the issue is independent of the code actually running, and depends more on time itself.

Does anyone have any insights into what this might be?

Thanks for your help,

Kyle

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please specify the difference between your board and T2080RDB board.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kylevonschmacht
Contributor I

Alexander,

There are quite a few,  I need a more specifics to give you better feedback.  

Below are some bare-bones comparisons, please tell me if you need more.

Power is primarily derived from the T2080, with gaps in need rails covered by supplies from the T1042.

Resets handled by CPLD, based closely on that of the T2080RDB

RCW config handled by CPLD,  most other straps are handled by PU/PD resistors only.

Things that are mostly unchanged

DDR Ram

NOR flash

NAND flash

SPI flash

i2c EEPROM

Thanks for your help,

Kyle 

0 Kudos